WHAT IS CONNSENSUS GOVERNMENT CONSULTING?
ALIGNING PUBLIC POLICY AND LEGISLATION WITH YOUR BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL SUCCESS
Connsensus Government Consulting Company is committed to protecting and promoting the growth and success of enterprises across Connecticut through effective legislative and administrative lobbying.
Our legislative, administrative and public policy consultants work for clients in a wide range of industries, including health care administration, entertainment and venue management, education, transportation and other highly regulated areas of commerce.
PROACTIVE AND STRATEGIC IN SETTING AND ACHIEVING GOALS
The volatile nature of government regulations can quickly and dramatically influence our clients and how they do business and plan for the future. Our goal is to address our clients’ concerns through reliable and comprehensive advisory services and to equip them with the tools they need to succeed.
We offer monitoring, representation, advocacy and lobbying in the State legislature and before State agencies. Every case is approached with in-depth knowledge of and dogged pursuit of our clients' goals. We help to develop public policy and legislative measures for private entities, trade associations, and nonprofit and community organizations, and we then guide them through the legislative processes in pursuit fo those polcies. We help to craft and deliver political messaging related to our clients’ legislative or regulatory strategies and concerns.
Results are just as important to us as they are to our clients. We succeed when they succeed. We take a proactive approach in all cases by addressing challenges before they can cause disruptions to our clients' businesses, ultimately positioning them for more growth.
State Government and Municipal Representation
Connsensus Government Consulting Company provides lobbying and representation before the Connecticut Executive Branch and the Connecticut General Assembly. We are also active in pursuing our clients’ interests before State and Municipal departments, agencies, and regulatory authorities. We collaborate with clients to develop strategies and initiatives, and we work with legislators and government officials to attain our clients’ goals. Connsensus offers quick and insightful responses to both threats and opportunities and provide troubleshooting to advance our clients’ interests
Connsensus is present at the Capital every day that the Legislature is in session. We advise our clients, monitor legislative and administrative activities, report beneficial or adverse activities, and advocate for our clients’ interests.
Connsensus has realized a great deal of success in advancing the procurement needs of clients at the municipal government level. Municipal governments continue to search for innovative ways to cut government expenditures and new approaches to delivering services. Connsensus lobbyists are well positioned to promote innovative products and services before mayors and selectmen in Connecticut’s cities and towns.
- Environmental Issues
- Children’s Issues
- Senior Health Issues
- Health Related Issues
- Entertainment Business Issues
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
- Negotiated million dollar payment for new dementia services at Hebrew Health Care
- Mitigated million dollar reductions in state funding for School Based Health Centers and Youth Service Bureaus
- Effectively changed Connecticut’s “Juice Bar’ law to create a business friendly atmosphere for entertainment venues specializing in all-age concert events
- Negotiated a legislative agreement allowing School Based Health Center to contract with Insurance companies to bill for health care services
- Lobbied successfully for legislation banning the use of tanning beds for children, sixteen and younger, in the state of Connecticut
- Instrumental in the passage of legislation restricting the use of E-Cigarettes from restaurants, bars and state properties
- Successfully lobbied for the largest tax break ever realized by Connecticut hospitals
- Gained a $1.25 million enhancement appropriation for the Connecticut Youth Services Association and its member Bureaus
- Successfully worked with Executive Branch Agencies on several issues dealing with the Department of Social Services, Department of Public Health, Department of Consumer Protection, State Department of Education and the Department of Children and Families
Highlights of Major Accomplishments
- Connecticut Alliance for Arts Education
- Connecticut Association of Entertainment Venues (CAEV)
- Connecticut Association of Home Care Registries
- Connecticut Association of School Based Health Centers
- Connecticut Auto Body Association
- Connecticut Society of Pathologists
- Connecticut Youth Services Association (YSBs)
- Environment and Human Health, Inc.
- Envirotest Systems Corp.
- First Transit (Formerly DynTek)
- Hebrew Health Care
- Live Nation, CT
- The Paucatuck Eastern Pequot Trial Nation
- Toad’s Place
- USA Security Services Corporation
- Weinstein Mortuary
PAST AND PRESENT REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS
Jay Aronson, Lobbyist/Government Affairs
Jay Aronson joined Connsensus Government Consulting in 2002. His practice in Government Affairs includes areas effecting senior’s issues including health care, Medicaid funding and Assisted Living, as well as children’s issues, children’s health issues, environmental/environmental health issues, and entertainment promoter issues. Mr. Aronson has also worked on areas dealing with insurance issues and energy related issues.
Connsensus Government Consulting (2002 – Present)
Connecticut Hospital Association
Assistant Vice President, Government Relations (1999 – 2001)
Murtha, Cullina, Richter and Pinney, LLP
Government Affairs Consultant (1995 – 1998)
Negotiated million dollar payment for new dementia services at Hebrew Health Care
Mitigated million dollar reductions in state funding for School Based Health Centers and Youth Service Bureaus
Strategic and Grass Roots Development
Western New England College, Bachelor of Arts in Government, 1987
United States District Court
United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit